If you are thinking about immigration to Winnipeg, Brandon or any other city in Manitoba, consider the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (PNP).
The Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) offer expedited immigration for skilled workers, people with farming experience, business people, international students, and those with family members residing in Manitoba who are eligible to sponsor.
Under the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (PNP), you may qualify under one of the following categories:
Manitoba PNP Priority Assessment Stream
There are four streams under this category:
Manitoba Employer Direct Stream
Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they will settle permanently in Manitoba. They must have been working in Manitoba on a Temporary Work Permit for at least 6 months and have a permanent job offer from that employer. It is required that the employer:
- Has been unable to fill the position with a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident;
- Is offering full time, permanent position; and
- Offers compensation consistent with regional wages and existing collective bargaining agreements.
Manitoba International Student Stream
- Have graduated from a post-secondary program in Manitoba of at least one academic year in length;
- Have successfully applied for a post-graduation work permit from Citizenship and Immigration Canada; and
- Be currently working in Manitoba and have received a full-time, permanent employment offer from their employer.
NOTE: Starting in 2011, applicants who graduate from a Manitoba post-secondary educational program of at least two academic years will be able to apply immediately to the Provincial Nominee Program in advance of receiving an offer of employment.
Manitoba Family Support Stream
Applicants must have an Affidavit of Support from a close relative living in Manitoba (a parent, child, sibling, cousin, niece/nephew, aunt/uncle, or grandparent), and must meet the following minimum criteria:
- Be between the age of 21 and 49;
- Have a minimum of a 1 year post-secondary education or training program and received a diploma, certificate or degree;
- Have a minimum of two years work experience over the past five years; and
- Have sufficient language skills to be employable upon arrival in Manitoba.
Manitoba PNP General Stream
If you do not qualify under the Priority Assessment stream, you may be eligible for the General Stream, which works on a points system. Points are awarded for age, education, work experience, language ability and adaptability. You also must provide one of the following:
- Proof of a close family member in Manitoba;
- Two Affidavits of Support from distant relatives or close friends in Manitoba;
- Evidence of a completed education program in Manitoba (non-language training) or;
- Proof of at least six months previous full-time work in Manitoba.
Manitoba PNP Immigration Program for Business
To qualify as a Manitoba Business Nominee, you must have previously visited Manitoba, have the intent to establish a business in the province, and must:
- Have a minimum personal net worth of CDN $350,000;
- Make a minimum equity investment in Manitoba of CDN $150,000;
- Demonstrate at least 3 years of business experience or extensive experience in senior management of a successful company; and
- Supply a CDN $75,000 deposit to the Government of Manitoba, guaranteeing the establishment or purchase of a business in Manitoba within 2 years of obtaining a Permanent Resident Visa. The deposit is returned withouth interest once the proposed business and investment in Manitoba have been undertaken and the nominee is living in Manitoba.
Manitoba Young Farmer Nominee Program
This category is designed for experienced young farmers (principal applicants must be under 40 years of age) who wish to enter into farming ventures in Manitoba. Applicants must make an exploratory visit to Manitoba for at least 7 days prior to application. To qualify under the program, applicants must:
- Have a minimum personal net worth of CDN$150,000 (after relocation to Manitoba);
- Make a minimum equity investment of CDN$150,000 in Manitoba;
- Have a minimum of 3 years of farm ownership or farm management experience; and
- Principle applicant must be under 40 years of age.
Manitoba PNP Strategic Recruitment Initiatives
Strategic Recruitment Initiatives are undertaken at the discretion of the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) in accordance with program needs and available resources. This category considers applicants who:
- Have received a letter of invitation to apply from the MPNP as part of an MPNP targeted promotional initiative;
- Are an adult dependent of an approved Provincial Nominee who does not meet the criteria to be included on the nominee’s application; or
- Have the support of an ethnocultural community organization or a regional economic development organization in Manitoba that will help candidates arrange an exploratory visit that has been pre-approved by the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (PNP).
Learn more about Manitoba.