If you are thinking about immigration to St. John, Fredericton, or any other city in New Brunswick, consider the New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program (PNP).
The New Brunswick PNP has 3 general streams that offer expedited immigration to welcome those with family members residing in New Brunswick, skilled workers and entrepreneurs who have business and management experience.
Under the New Bruswick Provincial Nominee Program (PNP), you may qualify under one of three categories:
New Brunswick PNP Skilled Workers with Employer Support
Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they will settle permanently in New Brunswick, they must score at least 50 points on a self-assessment (age, education, experience, language ability, and adaptability), and they must have a New Brunswick job offer from an employer who:
- Has been unable to fill the position with a Canadian citizen or permanent resident;
- Is offering full time, permanent position; and
- Offers compensation consistent with regional wages and existing collective bargaining agreements.
New Brunswick PNP Skilled Workers with Family Support
This program enables citizens and permanent residents of New Brunswick who have been living in the province for a at least one year to assist family members to settle in New Brunswick.
The applicant is assessed on an offer of full time employment or employment skills based on education and training, language skills, work experience, age and ability to adapt to New Brunswick, surrounded by a supportive family.
The Supporter (New Brunswick Family Member) is assessed on their commitment to the immigration process and the successful settlement of their family member. The Supporter’s connection to New Brunswick will also be considered.
New Brunswick PNP Business Applicants
To qualify as a New Brunswick Business Nominee, the applicant must be willing to establish a business in New Brunswick, must score at least 50 points on a self-assessment (age, education, business experience, language ability, and adaptability), and must:
- Be willing to sign an agreement to settle permanently in New Brunswick;
- Have previous management experience as a senior executive and/or business owner;
- Have sufficient funds to finance the planned business venture and to support their family for a period of up to two years;
- Participate in the business in an active managerial role; and
- Complete an exploratory visit to New Brunswick.
- Have an approved business plan or business proposal.
- Make a CDN $75,000.00 conditionally refundable deposit.
- Be able to speak English and/or French, and if not, prepared to take intensive language lessons prior to being nominated.
For more information on New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program (PNP), see our New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program FAQ.
Learn more about New Brunswick.